Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you, and misses you. Because one day you might wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars.~Unknown







Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts to all those who joined us last night. Or even those who sent a card, or even thought of her and wished you could be there. We had a great time. Mom alternated between laughing and crying all night long. That's pretty much par for the course these days. I sound like my grandma when I say that.

We also have a new project coming up, and I am going to need all the help I can get. We have been chosen by an organization to hold a fundraiser to help raise money for mom's medical bills, and also just to show love and support. Which you are all great at doing.

That being said, this is way out of my comfort zone and anyone who knows me knows that I don't do things that are hard for me. I'm realizing it is only for my mom that I will put my irrational terror aside and take on something like this.

I already have two able assistants in my Aunt Amy and a close friend of hers. But I am going to need all the help I can get. I am asking for volunteers to help plan this fun thing we are doing. Anyone who loves my mom or any of us and wants to help, YOU ARE DESPERATELY WANTED! The more the merrier!

Things are in the very early stages of planning, but we are having the first committee meeting here in a few weeks.

Date: Tuesday, February 1
Time: 6 PM
Place: My house (call or email for my address)

I probably won't feed you because you'll wish I hadn't, but we really would like as many people as possible to come. At least come check it out and see if it's something you would be interested in helping with. I will post the website for anyone to look through. They are doing awesome things and I am so excited to have the chance to do something like this for my mom. Thank you all!

www.anythingforafriend.com

Katie

1 comment:

  1. I will be there, you know I love this kind of stuff. Will you please send me a text to remind me though? :) Just in case!

    ReplyDelete