Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you, and misses you. Because one day you might wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars.~Unknown







Friday, January 21, 2011

One Down Five To Go

Today was the first chemotherapy treatment for Cyndi, and as I expected she handled it like a champ. As she entered the treatment room she became overwhelmed with saddness at the sight of all the patients receiving chemo. It was the only melt down she had throughout the process. Once she got that out of her system she stayed calm and postive throughout the five hour treatment. She handed out flowered pins to all the female cancer patients, laughed with her nurse (he flirted with her), played with her ipad and even took a few naps. One sweet little old lady sitting in the corner received a flowered pin from Cyndi. Throughout her treatment the lady would reach up and touch the pin she had placed on her hat and give Cyndi a childlike
smile. This kept Cyndi smiling as well.

I sat with my sister and watched a movie and ate junk food as they pumped her with what looked like enough medicine to kill a horse. All I could do was sit next to her and feed my face. I told her that as we continued through the next five treatments, she would become slim and trim and my butt would get bigger and bigger. I guess that's the least I could do for her.

What a strong and beautiful woman she has been and continues to be. Thank you all for your love and support. It has been truly amazing and you will never know the burden you have helped lift for her and her children. May God continue to bless her and you.

Love Big Amy



2 comments:

  1. I love my sister. She kept me laughing, wasn't afraid to let me cry and had me organized in record time. I adore you Meem. Cyndi

    ReplyDelete