Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you, and misses you. Because one day you might wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars.~Unknown







Sunday, January 23, 2011

Off With It!!!!



Well, better to do it on your own terms I always say. Today Cyndi decided that rather than wait for her hair to fall out she would do like she does everything, tackle it head on. So we threw her a party and each one of her available grandkids got to take a turn "cutting off Grandma's hair." There was laughter and tears and even a little bit of excitement. When it was all over, one of her granddaughters yelled out, "let's put it back on!"

At the end of the day she was tired and more beautiful than she was when she started. I'm sooo amazed by her strength and love her ability to turn anything into a positive. I feel so blessed to have shared such an amazing experience. Thank you Miss Cyndi for all the gifts you give to us every day.

Big Amy

















9 comments:

  1. You are beautiful and so brave! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminds me of my sister Shelby's experience. You are brave and beautiful and amazing. Thanks for sharing these pictures with us. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay....you look beautitul! And really, I'm not just saying that. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! I've been putting that off. Do have a wig? Do you need a wig? My cousin sent me three of hers, I'm not sure whether I'll wear one, I'm considering going natural...I'm earning it. Let me know if you would like to look at these, i'd love to share!

    I know the tired! Get your rest. Get some good Ginger tea it saved me those first several days; it tasted good, warmed me up, and was comforting. If you can't find any let me know and I'll share.

    You should begin to feel more human by Wed. or Thur. Take it easy till then.
    What chemo, and how many treatments are you gonna get? And is it evert two weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so brave! Thanks for sharing your story of faith and courage. You are a wonderful example of so many things. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your courage is inspiring, you are beautiful and loved! Alisha Crowson

    ReplyDelete