Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you, and misses you. Because one day you might wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars.~Unknown







Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Go Weber High!


Late this evening my doorbell rang and as I opened the door, I was greeted by my sweet friends Krystin and Tammy Widdison. With tears of love in their eyes, they handed me a ziploc bag full of cash...$530.00 to be exact. Krystin had organized a fund raiser selling snow cones at the girls and boys basketball game at Weber High. Krystin is the team manager and without telling me, organized her friends to put together this fund raiser for me. As they shared with me some of the comments made by contributors, I was reminded of the goodness of strangers and what it means to reach out to those who are struggling. Krystin and Tammy live by this standard and this is just one of many times my life has been touched by the goodness of their hearts.
To the members of the basketball team, their friends, families, and supporters..I thank you for caring and for sharing that with a stranger. I am grateful, humbled, honored, and my heart is touched by this act of service. Thank you to all who participated in any way. I can only promise to follow your lead and do all I can to ease the burdens of those around me.
Gratitude and love always...Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment