Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you, and misses you. Because one day you might wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars.~Unknown







Saturday, January 8, 2011

My angel

For years, my sweet friend Sue has watched over me as only an angel can. As my Relief Society president, she has fulfilled every aspect of that calling in her service towards me. As my angel, she is celestial in her love and care of me. The winter months have never treated me well; depression typically settles in and I battle the darkness until the buds of Spring appear. For as long as Sue has known that about me...beautiful, bright flowers would appear regularly on my porch during the winter months. Anytime disappointment would appear, flowers, notes, and cards from Sue would surface to ease the sting. I no longer live within the ward boundaries but the distance has not mattered as oft-times daily, little reminders of her love for me are left on my doorstep.

Sue is truly an angel...to me, to her children, to all those who have a need. More than anyone I know, she 'gets it' and is an agent of love from our Heavenly Father. I woke this morning to one of her sweet gifts and my heart is so full of gratitude for her. She has laughed with me and held me when I've cried. Her own health issues and heartaches have only served the purpose of serving more. I am so grateful for this gift of love in my life and know that she carries within her arms multiple answers to the prayers I have offered. I love her so very much and am not as good as I should be at showing my gratitude. That is going to change because she is sacred in her efforts to love and serve me.

My life is full of angels..those who pray for me, love me, and give of their time and resources to me as I face this new challenge. I am so grateful for each of you. Know that you too "are loved" and that my heart is humbled by your goodness.

My check in today is ..physically, I feel renewed, emotionally, I feel loved and supported, spiritually, I feel humbled. My commitment is to show gratitude more fully, and my affirmation is..
I can help another face anguish. It softens me and makes way for the laughter and love I need.

Love and gratitude always...Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment