Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you, and misses you. Because one day you might wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars.~Unknown







Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hats off to wonderful friends!

Last night was my hat party hosted by Ann Packer. I can't even begin to describe what an amazing evening it was. Her home was magical with pink netting, hearts, candles, pink ballons and more love than I could hold in my heart! As we entered her home, we were directed to the living room where the couch was covered with a variety of hats for all who came to wear in support of me. One by one, my past, present, and future entered the door. I can't imagine heaven being more beautiful as I was welcomed by the friends who fill the memories that line my heart. My friends, their beautiful daughters and grand daughters were all there reminding me of simpler days filled with the sounds of silly children playing together and mothers who loved each others children. As we visited, enjoyed homemade rolls and soup, I was overwhelmed by the love that spilled throughout the house. As I opened heartfelt gifts, my emotions spilled over, my hands shook, and I could harldy breathe as I tried to take it all in. There was laughter, tears, joy, and love shared between everyone there. The votes of reassurance and acceptance as I tried on the many hats given to me cast out any insecurites about losing my hair and actually gave me something to look forward to...you know how it is with a girl and her accessories!





And my favorite pictures of some of the hats given to me are modeled by two of my favorite people in the world. My grand-daughter Brylee, and grandson Bowen!



To Ann, Angela and Brinlee, Malynda, Michelle...thank you for the hard work and love that went into making this an evening that I will never forget. Your courage and committment inspire me. To Carol, Julie, Natalie, Fran, Janice, Linda, Cherry, Mitzi..thank you for sharing so much of my life with me and for loving my children as your own. To Jen, Channa, Kyrie, Shaylie, Lindsey, Chelsea, Emily, Carissa, Brooke, Tessa, and Tegan...thank you for adding the joy of more daughters to my life. To Angie..thank you for being such a good friend to Katie. To Susy and Katie...thank you for the tender friendship. To Janet and Cheryl...thank you for the unconditional love and support, laughter and tears, and adventures only seasoned friends can share. To my daughters Katie, Mandi, Angie, Amy and Nicole..thank you for filling my heart with hope, strength and love. To my sister Amy...thank you for always being there for me and for my children for as long as I can remember. To my mother...thank you for loving me, inspiring me and teaching me to walk with faith. To those who sent love but could not be there...thank you for your prayers and support.

I think that last night could best be described by the text message I received from my mother tonight..."..woke up this morning thinking about last night. There was such a feeling of love in that room and your are truly blesed with good and generous friends. Sleep tight in the knowledge of such love. It truly stuns me but I am also grateful for it and you deserve it

Over the years, these are the women who have been there during the smiles, the tears, the disappointments, the joy, the sadness, and the loss that is part of our earthly journey. They are part of who I am and in their eyes, I am reminded that truly, I am loved. Such is the gift of friendship. Last night, I came home wrapped securely in that knowledge and the warmth it affords as I move into the next phase of this experience gives me courage. For that, I am grateful.

My check in tonight is..physically, I am rejuvenated and strong, emotionally, I feel courageous and brave, spiritually, I am in awe of my blessings. My committment is to be worthy of such wonderful friends and my affirmation is..

With the strength of friends, I am strong, capable and loved.

Gratitude and love always...Cyndi

1 comment:

  1. Whose dirty snot-nosed kid is that? He'd be much cuter if someone would wipe his face.

    ReplyDelete