Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you, and misses you. Because one day you might wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars.~Unknown







Monday, February 28, 2011

Anything for a Friend..February 15, 2011

From our initial, first planning meeting, Becky told us that this would be a life altering experience to plan and be part of an Anything for a Friend event. It hasn't taken much to understand why. At every meeting, there is such an atmosphere of love and unity present. For me, it is mingled with humility as I realize that the hard work and effort that those who love me will expend on my behalf. The evening is mingled with laughter, enthusiam, and tears. As a whole, it is heartwarming to experience the goodness of others. I am especially touched by the many friends of Katie's, most of which have small children, have thrown themselves into the opportunity. I am so grateful to have been chosen as a recipient. Already, my heart has become more grateful which has in turn, made me more aware of the goodness in the world around me and heightened my own desire to be more giving and caring to those around me. Truly, the goodness of this organization has opened my heart and heightened my ability to love and serve. A special thank you for my new friends, Becky, Justin, and Kari for being such wonderful supporters and friends. Thank you to my sisters, children, and friends-old and new for being a part of this experience with me. I love you each dearly and am grateful to you for your example. Love and gratitude always..Cyndi




No comments:

Post a Comment