Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you, and misses you. Because one day you might wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars.~Unknown







Wednesday, December 29, 2010

To My Daughters...

I have loved this song and have embraced the meaning of the title. Without a doubt, part of my journey will be to clear the distractions of the world and obtain a vision of myself through the eyes of my Father in Heaven. Life has a way of making love and all its components feel hard. Through each difficult experience in my life, that vision has dimmed into life as the world has taunted me to beleive. Each experience left a remnant of doubt about exactly how God views me. When I listen to this song as I did this evening, I am reminded of how simple and unconditional God's love is. How it invites me back to the purity of heart that allows me to truly feel His love for me.

Spent the afternoon with two of my daughters, Katie and Angie. As I experienced them taking care of me while wrestling with the little hands reaching up to capture their undivided attention, my heart went to the words of this song. To my daughters, those who I have loved as daughters, and the women that are my friends...take a minute from your daily routines and recapture "what heaven sees in you."

With all my love and gratitude...Mom, Mama Cyndi, Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment