Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you, and misses you. Because one day you might wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars.~Unknown







Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas

We really had a great Christmas. It was the first time in I don't know how many years that all six of us kids were together. Even dad stopped by and stayed for a few hours that evening.


Mom was still in quite a bit of pain, but I have heard today that it is getting better. She was in good spirits. She spent the day at my house with the rest of the fam, and just took naps off and on when it all became too much for her. We ate lots of junk food, cleaned 72 times, the boys played football in the warm weather, and we even had an awesome game of Catch Phrase.

Physically my mom is so tough. She is doing really well for just having a major surgery. She had a few problems with her drains but I think we got that taken care of.

Here she is opening our present. We bought her a Tiffany's necklace that is engraved with the word Mom. She's a softie for stuff like that.

We still hadn't showered by about two o'clock when we were all sitting around playing games. Here's proof that all six of us were there.
Mom gave us each Miche purses that were designed for breast cancer research. She has had one since long before she was diagnosed, and now we'll all be supporting her with our bags.
This is how we would find her every few hours. She'd sleep for half an hour, then be back in the game. My dad's mom gave her this quilt that she made. My grandma makes special quilts for all of us, and my mom really wanted one. My dad was thoughtful and picked one up for her while in Idaho.And I get to add this picture because I'm writing the post and I have a really cute little boy. Plus, Grandma loves him. Please forgive my messy pantry.
Mom seems so calm. I wouldn't call her happy, but she is so peaceful right now. I am thankful for that, and for the prayers that have brought that to her. She had many visits and many surprises that made the holiday so special. I would say that despite the circumstances, this was one of our best Christmases in a long time.

Now if we can just get her through to Wednesday when they will remove her drains, hopefully we will get back to regular life for a few weeks.

I have to say thank you to everyone who has donated. If we have your name, you will receive a personal card, but there are quite a few that have been anonymous. Really, I am amazed that during this season when money runs out quickly, people are still so giving. We are thankful in ways that are impossible to express. All we can promise to do is one day pay it forward.

And if your donation was just in prayers, those are just as needed and just as appreciated. Please, keep them coming. We're going to need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment