Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you, and misses you. Because one day you might wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars.~Unknown







Monday, March 14, 2011

To Dylan

Last night, I made a new.friend.  In one evening, a piece of my heart became his.  Dylan is nine years old and his mother Mandy spent many of her childhood days either in my home or playing with my children.  So did her siblings.  Dylan has Brain Stem Gilioma. It is inoperable and when it begins to grow with a vengeance, it will take his young life.  A once playful, out-going young person now walks with support from others as his vision blurs and his face droops.  Wednesday he begins six weeks of daily radiation at Primary Children's Hospital which will most likely only minimally improve and prolong his young life.  He has begun the fight against the instability of steroids on his emotions and senses.  And he is loved by so many people.  People whom I have loved my whole adult life as well as some I don't know.  And he is happy, and kind, and grateful.  And he possess a tenderness that exudes in his young spirit.  And in a few short minutes, he filled my heart with the sweetest love I have yet to experience from such a young person.  So, Dylan changed my life last night.  He made me realize just how precious life is and how important it is to love, accept, and forgive those you love.  In his uninhibited hugs and expressions of joy, I felt healing take place in my own life.  Dylan gave me hope, love, and light in such a few short minutes that I have not been able to stop thinking about him all day. Strangely enough though, I have not felt sadness except for the hardships he will experience as he battles his disease..  Some would say that for a young life to end too soon is tragedy.  For Dylan and his tender sweet spirit, it almost feels like the arms of a loving Father in Heaven reaching down to release him from a world that has become neglectful and abusive of tender hearts such as his.  What a tremendous blessing it will be for each of us whose lives may interact with this sweet young boy.  How proud I am of his parents Mandy and Ryan for being entrusted with this special young spirit.  How grateful I am to know them and to add Dylan to my list of cherished friends.

Gratitude and love always...Cyndi

2 comments:

  1. That is the kindest, sweetest, and truest post about Dylan. Through tears (more like sobs) your post has touched my heart. He is an amazing little boy. This is a terrible, awful, and horrible experience for anyone to endure. But it is incredible how much his life has touched so many. You and your family are wonderful, and I know your kindness has touched his heart too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lindsey. My thoughts and love are with you.

    ReplyDelete