Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you, and misses you. Because one day you might wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars.~Unknown







Monday, April 4, 2011

As most of you know, I feel a very deep love and sense of gratitude towards Elder Jeffrey R. Holland.  I have always resonated with the messages he has eloquently provided during general conference.  It was the message of one such address some 15 years ago that led me to the opportunities I have had to seek counsel and comfort from him over the years. Yesterday, I was especially touched by his words.  Not because they sent a personal message to me but because of the humility present in his words.  He is a spiritual giant in every literal sense of the word but yesterday, he spent a majority of his talk giving credit and acknowledgement to others, President Monson in particular, rather than a topic of his chosing.  He gave credit to the Lord for the inspiration given to the speakers of the conference whose message may reach the aching heart of someone needing reminders of who they are. I loved listening to this man who has served with a strong committment to members all over the world as he brought us back to a remembrance of the goodness and love of others.  I loved that he put aside his own experiences and reminded us of the things that we often overlook or underappreciate and made it about the experiences of others.  Not once did he include his own sacrifices or contributions.  Rather, the tears that filled his eyes were for the sacrifices of others.  To me, that was humility at its finest and love at its most infinite peak. 

To those who may feel overlooked and unappreciated (as we all do on occasion) let this be a reminder that always, someone is aware of you and loving you for your efforts.  We are never alone in any of our efforts or contributions however grandiose or meager they may appear to ourselves or others. I am so grateful for people who are able to look beyond themselves and recognize the worth and value of others who are oftimes hiding in their shadows.  Bringing others out of our shadows provides growth, love, forgiveness, acceptance, compassion and humility to bless our own lives.  So often, tucked behind our accomplishments are those whose hearts do not know of their worth and are silently praying for someone to give them a way to shine their light and share their knowledge.  My own heart has been humbled as my pride has come face to face with the realities of cancer, and caused me to be more aware and more tender towards others.  I feel remorse for the times I have fallen short of this and pray daily to never forget this important lesson.

With that said...maybe Elder Hollands words were once again...personal towards me.

Gratitude and love always...Cyndi

http://lds.org/general-conference/watch/2011/04?lang=eng&vid=883477018001&cid=10

No comments:

Post a Comment