Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you, and misses you. Because one day you might wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars.~Unknown







Sunday, September 11, 2011

I Was Here..

Cancer is an ominous companion who seldom makes its presence known until it has begun its destructive journey.  Following my last treatment, I was nervous, wondering if it would once again make its presence known in my life. It didn't take fear long to redirect my once hopeful thoughts. After entertaining it for a bit, I made a committment live life..whatever and however long that might be. I realized that if I was fearful, I would miss the experiences and opportunities that life was waiting to unfold before me. And I would become self-centered and miss opportunities to share the love and hope that I had gained during my journey. So I committed to live life. In the words of this song, I found expression for the feelings in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment